PhD Scholarship: Learning Sciences Institute Australia and Institute for Positive Psychology & Education
Professor Carmel Diezmann (LSIA), Associate Professor Chris Lonsdale (IPPE), and Professor Richard Ryan (IPPE) are seeking to recruit a promising student to complete a PhD under their supervision.
In the recent 2015 Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) assessment, ACU’s Education research was ranked at and above world standard. Psychology, Human Movement and Sports Science were ranked well above world standard.
The candidate will complete a doctoral thesis on a topic related to a randomised controlled trial of web-based teacher professional development intervention designed to motivate students during the transition to secondary school. The project is funded by the Australian Research Council.
Thesis topics could include, but are not limited to:
- the effects of the intervention on students’ engagement;
- achievement in mathematics and/or physical education; or
- teachers’ professional learning experiences using the online learning platform.
We welcome applications from individuals with a background in mathematics education, teacher professional learning, motivation and engagement or another discipline related to the project.
A start date in late 2016 or early 2017 is preferred.
- a tax free stipend of $35,000AUD per annum for three years;
- funding for project costs;
- a Commonwealth-funded place for domestic students; and
- a tuition fee waiver and Overseas Student Health Care Policy for international students.
For more information about LSIA, please visit: https://lsia.acu.edu.au/
For more information about IPPE, please visit: https://ippe.acu.edu.au/
How to apply:
- If you are a domestic applicant, complete the Domestic Application for Higher Degree Research Candidature/Postgraduate Research Scholarship (Word, 170KB).
- If you are an international applicant, complete the international online application form available at http://www.acu.edu.au/international/study_research.
- If you are currently enrolled in a research degree at ACU, please complete the Application for a Postgraduate Research Scholarship for Research Candidates Currently Enrolled at ACU (Word, 170KB).
Applicants should also include a cover letter of not more than two pages providing evidence of:
- academic excellence, including, but not limited to, academic awards or grants;
- skills in quantitative and/or qualitative research methods;
- previous research experience;
- alignment of research experience and interests with LSIA research areas or IPPE’s research themes; and
- ability to contribute to a team.
Closing date: Friday, 30 September 2016
For more information:
For information regarding application and enrolment, email Graduate Research (firstname.lastname@example.org), with the subject line ‘Engaging Students Scholarship’
Applications should be forwarded to:
Australian Catholic University
PO Box 968
North Sydney NSW 2059