Early Years Transitions Professional Learning Research and Development Project
This aim of this project was to foster, through a year-long research and development program, continuous strengthening of collaboration between early learning centre teachers and junior primary teachers to increase the effectiveness of children’s transitions to school.
- Participants learned a framework for identifying factors that afford and constrain the implementation of effective pedagogical collaboration in their centres/schools
- Participants developed strategies to lead and develop their pedagogical practices around transition to school in systematic and focused ways
- Participants developed new expertise in approaches to planning and documentation consistent with contemporary theory and frameworks.
Data were generated and analysed in order to identify factors, including key concepts, that led to sustainable cross-sector professional learning in early years settings that lead to more effective transitions to school for young children.
- July 2013 – February 2014
- Independent Schools Victoria